Monday 6 February 2012

An award-winning artist...

YES I BLOODY WELL AM!!!!  As you can tell I'm a tad excited about this.  I attended a Dr Sketchy event in Birmingham on Saturday and won a round yay!  For those of you unaware of the concept, my interpretation of it is as follows...go to nice pub (the gorgeous Victoria), get a little crunk on fancy cider (thank you to the good people at Stowies for all your hard work, it is not unnoticed), watch some great performers of the Burlesque variety and do some colouring in!  Only good things can come of this!
However, as i'm there in more of a 'support' role for artist friends, i did not expect my drunken scrawling with the contents of my make up bag (4 pints in) to be awarded top marks by the performer, how lovely!  And here is the winning piece :D


Obviously there were other winners, but as I've never been considered even slightly good a drawing bollocks to them this is my time in the sunshine!
However part of my prize was a mouthful (literally, they shoved it in) of Turkish Delight...as someone awaiting dental surgery this was essentially oral torture...but whatevs, yay me!

So your song of choice will be a very fitting Dylan choice...amaze

No comments:

Post a Comment